7 Best Overwater Bungalows Near USA

Updated: October 2, 2023 | Overwater Bungalows

There’s technically only one overwater bungalow resort in the United States (Disney World – Polynesian Bungalows); however, most of you probably want a tropical place, right?

If that’s the case, look to the Caribbean, Mexico, or Central America. Keep scrolling for a complete list!

7. Azul Paradise

Best for: Honeymooners / Families
Location: Bocas del Toro, Panama
Number of Overwater Bungalows: 10

azul paradise resort belize overwater bungalows
Azul Paradise

Azul Paradise Resort also uses solar panels to power its bungalows. The deluxe bungalow offers a king bed with a private deck. Enjoy air conditioning, a TV, towels, snorkel supplies, and lounge furniture.

Notable Features

6. Punta Caracol

Best for: Honeymooners / Families
Location: Bocas del Toro, Panama
Number of Overwater Bungalows: 9

punta caracol acqua lodge overwater bungalows
Punta Caracol

The overwater suites at Punta Caracol provide guests with different amenities depending on the type of bungalow they book. Their sustainability program is quite impressive. The restaurant and all of the suites are powered by solar energy.

Out of their 100 acres, they only utilize 2%, leaving the remaining 98% as a private natural reserve.

If you’re searching for an affordable overwater bungalow resort where you can spend most of your time admiring nature, Punta Caracol is the one.

5. Thatch Caye

Best for: Families / Couples
Location: Thatch Caye Island, Belize
Number of Overwater Bungalows: 5

thatch caye resort overwater bungalows
Thatch Caye

Thatch Caye is an all-inclusive private island resort that’s a short boat ride from Dangriga, Belize. They only allow 30 guests at a time to visit, which makes it seem like a deserted island.

One of the coolest parts about Thatch Caye is its attention to sustainability. They banned single-use plastics and only use reef-safe sunscreen.

If you’re looking for a more affordable overwater bungalow option where you can unplug from your everyday life, then you should consider Thatch Caye.

4. Aruba Ocean Villas

Best for: Couples / Families
Location: Savaneta, Aruba

aruba ocean villas overwater bungalows
Aruba Ocean Villas

The Old Man and the Sea Ocean Villas welcome families to couples. Especially those who want a relaxing and romantic trip away from everything.

Offering 3 types of overwater bungalows:

There’s something for everyone to enjoy at the Aruba Ocean Villas.

3. El Dorado Maroma

Best for: Honeymooners / Couples
Location: Riviera Maya, Mexico
Number of Overwater Bungalows: 30

el dorado maroma resort overwater bungalows
El Dorado Maroma

El Dorado Maroma is an all-inclusive luxury resort that’s only a 40-minute drive from Cancun International Airport. Located south of Cancun keeps the atmosphere romantic and quiet – ideal for couples. It’s the only overwater bungalow resort in Mexico.

Notable Features

2. Sandals Grande St Lucian

Best for: Honeymooners / Couples
Location: Gros Islet, Saint Lucia
Number of Overwater Bungalows: 8

sandals grande st lucian overwater bungalows
Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Another incredible resort offered by Sandals is their Grande St. Lucian. These overwater bungalows are newer and more intimate than their South Coast ones.

The greatest part about an overwater bungalow is that you can wake up and jump into the ocean. No commute is required. If St. Lucia is too far for your liking, you should consider El Dorado Maroma.

Notable Features

1. Sandals South Coast

Best for: Honeymooners / Couples
Location: Whitehouse, Jamaica
Number of Overwater Bungalows: 12

sandals south coast overwater bungalows
Sandals South Coast

Sandals South Coast has a set of overwater bungalows lined up in a heart shape.

Each bungalow has a view of the ocean below, with a glass panel built into the floor. You can roll out of bed and watch the tropical fish beneath your feet. Not only are their bungalows perched above the Caribbean Sea, but their chapel and bar are too.

The greatest part about going to a Sandals resort is their all-inclusive model. Once you pay, you don’t have to worry about costs during your stay.

Notable Features

Read Next