There’s only one way to make a Jamaica vacation even better, and that’s by staying in a swim-up room.
We’ve done the research and found the best resorts with swim-up rooms in Jamaica.
1. Breathless Montego Bay
An adults-only escape, Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa offers the Unlimited-Luxury experience. Enjoy unlimited food and drinks (curated cocktails included) and all-day entertainment. Pool parties, watersport rentals, live DJs, and theme parties are all part of the experience.
The swim-up rooms at Breathless Montego Bay are only available to Xhale Club members staying in the junior and master suites. With private swim-up pools, this VIP club also gives guests access to a private lounge and butler service.
- Six onsite dining options.
- Guests can use the facilities next door at Secrets St. James and Wild Orchid.
- Two swimming pools
2. Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall is another all-inclusive and adults-only romantic retreat in Jamaica. With 344 tropical guestrooms and suites, there are several swim-up suites to choose from. The one-bedroom swim-up suites lead to a semi-private pool, while the junior swim-up suites allow you to jump directly into the main swimming pool.
If you can drag yourself away from your swim-up suite, the resort also has beach access with attentive beachfront butlers on hand.
- Seven restaurants and six bars and lounges
- World-class fitness facilities, including aqua gym, water spin, fitness center, and daily classes.
- Daily live music and performances from international artists.
3. Sandals Negril
Located on Negril’s world-renowned Seven Mile Beach, Sandals Negril calls itself Jamaica’s hippest and most green resort. Offering an adults-only and all-inclusive experience, the swim-up one-bedroom suite at Sandals Negril is on another level.
We’re talking designer fixtures, marble and mahogany furnishings, Italian glass mosaic tiles, and private butler service. The only thing between you and the Caribbean Sea is the resort’s large lagoon-style pool.
- Seven restaurants and five bars.
- Day and night entertainment, including live shows.
- Free wedding package if you stay longer than three nights!
4. Azul Beach Resort Negril
Along Seven Mile Beach you will also find Azul Beach Resort Negril. Its Karisma Gourmet Inclusive Experience includes the usual all-inclusive food and drinks service, alongside nightly entertainment, daily activities, complimentary daily-stocked minibar, and cooking and dancing classes.
There are four swim-up suites available at Azul Beach Resort Negril, which are available to families and couples. Step from your furnished oversized terrace into the lagoon-style pool’s lazy river, which will float you towards the all-important swim-up bar.
- The 9400 sq ft Vassa Spa with specialty treatment rooms.
- Romantic honeymoon suites in a special adults-only section.
- Supervised programs for children of all ages.
5. Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Secrets Wild Orchid is located next door to the aforementioned Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa. It offers the same Unlimited-Luxury experience and guests can hop over to sister resort, Breathless any time, which is known for hosting the best parties in Montego Bay.
The resort has two Preferred Club suites that offer direct swim-up access from the resort’s large lagoon pool. The suites also include separate living areas and spacious private terraces with whirlpool baths.
- 10 dining options, including two places, open 24 hours, alongside room service.
- The Promenade, with nightly shows, a theater, and shops.
- Four pools.
6. Zoetry Montego Bay
Located in the upscale Rose Hall neighborhood, Zoetry Montego Bay is a boutique resort with 49 stylish suites. The swim-up suites feature either oceanfront or tropical garden views, as well as direct access to a private pool from the terrace.
The suites also come stocked with Bvlgari toiletries and a minibar refreshed twice daily. With stylish dining options, a picture-perfect private beach, and a peaceful spa, Zoetry Montego Bay has thought of everything.
- Spa with meditation rooms, yoga facilities, and indoor and outdoor massage cabins.
- Six lounges and restaurants.
- Onsite watersports center.
7. Royalton Negril
Royalton Negril is an all-inclusive and modern resort located on the beach in Jamaica. With reservation-free dining options, kids clubs, and nightly entertainment, it’s geared towards families. However, it also features an exclusive Diamond Club and an adults-only section, if that’s more your style.
There are suites at Royalton Negril that have swim-up access to either a private or semi-private pool. The suites also come equipped with the Royalton Signature DreamBed and 24-hour concierge service.
- Fitness program featuring pool yoga, beach boot camp, and aquafit.
- Different live shows every night of the week.
- Spa with hydrotherapy circuit.
8. Grand Lido Negril
Guests at Grand Lido actually have access to the amenities at Royalton Negril. But that’s where the similarities end, as Grand Lido is a luxurious naturist resort for adults only.
Each of the 26 suites faces the ocean and includes a premium butler service.
But the Sunset Swim Out Suite is the one we’re interested in, as it features an in-suite Jacuzzi soaker tub and a private swim-out pool just beyond the terrace.
- Access to nightly entertainment and spa at Royalton Negril.
- 16 bars, lounges, and restaurants to choose from at Grand Lido and sister resorts.
- Exclusive butler service.
Okay, now we have three honorable mentions. While not technically involving swim-up rooms, the facilities at these Jamaican properties are on par and just as luxurious, so it would be rude of us to exclude them (you’ll see why)
9. Camelot Villa
The private paradise that is The Tryall Club sits between rolling green hills and 1.5 miles of private shoreline (complete with a beach club and infinity-edge swimming pool).
The privately-owned Camelot Villa is a spacious two-bedroom colonial-style villa that features welcoming coastal-inspired interiors and stunning ocean views. But most importantly, its large 67-ft veranda leads directly to the private plunge pool.
- Weekly theme nights.
- 18-hole championship golf course and nine tennis courts onsite.
- Private plunge pool
10. Overlook Villa
Another accommodation option at The Tryall Club is Overlook Villa, where guests can hop in the three complimentary golf carts to easily reach the golf course or private beach.
Overlook Villa has three master and two deluxe suites; each featuring an open floor plan and modern furnishings. However, the star of the show is the large private swimming pool at its center, with Jacuzzi platforms and an umbrella and chairs in the water as well.
- Five experienced staff members.
- Wellness facilities include the golf course, tennis courts, and a fitness center.
- Three complimentary golf carts
11. Excellence Resorts Montego Bay Villa
Excellence Oyster Bay is located on a private peninsula in Montego Bay. Surrounded by the alluring turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea, the adults-only and all-inclusive property has stunning beach villas.
On a private shoreline, the villas feature beachfront porches leading to 26 square-foot private plunge pools. Alternatively, each villa has a courtyard garden fitted with an outdoor Jacuzzi soaker tub.
- Private bioluminescence tour of Glistening Waters Lagoon.
- Daily one-hour happy hour in your villa with light snacks and cocktails.
- Fully-stocked wine cooler.
So, which of these 11 luxury accommodation options will you choose for your next Jamaica vacation?
From private plunge pools to swim-up rooms with direct access to lagoon-style pools, the choice is yours.