Gladden Private Island lives up to its title of being the world’s most private island.
Featuring a single two-bedroom Mayan-style villa fringed by azure Caribbean Sea lagoons, a white sand beach, mangroves, and the Belize Barrier Reef, it’s truly the ultimate secluded paradise.
Here are the most important details you need to know before booking the trip of a lifetime.
Contents (Click to skip)
Gladden Private Island Is Goals
I mean, the aerial photo speaks for itself…
- It’s less than an acre in size, so you can walk from one end to the other in under a minute.
- They mean it when they say they’re the world’s most private island, as the staff (two couples who tag-team) lives on a smaller island behind Gladden. There are even small warning lights in every room that flash red to indicate when a staff member is venturing onto the main island.
- The menu is yours to design and is accompanied by a sommelier-curated wine collection.
- Thanks to its location near Gladden Split, guests can swim with whale sharks (the sea’s gentle giants) between April and June.
- Spa treatments are always available, including facials, manicures and pedicures, and relaxing massages.
Where is Gladden Private Island located?
Gladden Private Island is situated 20 miles off the coast of Placencia in Belize. It’s located on the edge of what many call the most picturesque section of the Belize Barrier Reef. In the heart of the Caribbean Sea, this is the longest reef in the Western Hemisphere.
How much does it cost to stay here?
To stay at Gladden, it costs…
- $3695 per night for two people (with a minimum four-night stay).
Although designed as a romantic couples retreat, if you want to visit with friends or family it costs…
- $4415 per night for four people.
The all-inclusive fees include gourmet chef-prepared meals, alcoholic beverages, island-based activities, various mainland excursions, and transfers to and from Belize City.
We’ve also compiled a list of private islands for rent that you might find useful.
Who owns Gladden Private Island?
It’s owned by David Keener and Chris Krolow. Keener is the CEO of Vision Properties, while Krolow is the CEO of Private Islands Inc and the executive producer/host of HGTV’s Island Hunters. Krolow has spent 20 years selling and leasing private islands but literally combed the earth searching for his next project: Gladden Private Island, which he calls his “baby”.
A visit to this island can easily be described as the world’s most luxurious Castaway experience.
Once you get used to the all-inclusive life on the world’s most private island, you will undoubtedly never want to leave.